Sunday, December 2, 2012

More Dessert?? Yes please! - Mint Fudge Brownies

Mint Fudgy Brownies
(that's what my kids named them)

BRING ON THE HOLIDAYS! It's so hard isn't it???
I am obsessed with chocolate and mint. I wanted to find a grain free, sugar free, low fat, high protein treat that satisfied this craving.
THIS WORKED! My kids actually downed them as well.
And you will freak over the the recipe!!
Just make sure you keep the secret ingredient HUSH HUSH  or people will not even try them!!


Inspired by Joel Furhman's Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients:
1 Can no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans, drained 
10 Medjool dates, (the big ones - I get them at costco)
2 tbsp raw almond butter (if you want to do peanut feel free)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4-1/2 tsp Mint Extract, (to your taste)
1/2 cup natural, non-alkalized cocoa powder
1 tbsp ground chia seed

Add first five ingredients to food processor. Process until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients.
Pour into a 8x8, lightly greased pan. Spread with a spatula. (they will be thick)

(I even think you could roll in balls and roll in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or coconut and they would be delightful!)

Bake at 200 for 1 1/2 hours.
Cool COMPLETELY before slicing.


I served with my 
Quick - Go To - in a flash Ice 'Milk' Cream 

I don't have exact measurements, I Just throw it in.
As an estimate
1 Cup of Ice
3/4 C Milk
1 Frozen, chopped, banana
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Stevia, optional- if you want it sweeter

Blend and serve right on top!

This would be great with my low fat chocolate ganache. It's not sugar free, but it's tasty for a ganache!
Click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment