Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Using the Leftovers - Easy Huevos Rancheros

Inspired by my sis and her husband who are awesome at throwing a meal together! 
Its good for me to do this more often, I have a tendency to either rely or change a basic recipe, 
but sometimes that isn't possible.

So I threw this together with what was in my fridge. 
Simple. Easy. And Yummy!





Whole Wheat Tortilla or sprouted wheat tortilla! (we are also into those flatout wraps!)
Baby red potatoes, diced
Can of Black Beans, rinsed
Egg
Low Moisture part skim mozzarella cheese
Any toppings you like. (see below)


1) Toast a tortilla on a skillet, turn and Sprinkle cheese and beans on the toasted side. Let sit until cheese is mostly melted.
2) In another skillet, add some broth, water, or oil (your choice). Place the diced potatoes in and saute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic powder.  (I also added a little water and covered the skillet to slightly steam them and cook them faster (without having to add more oil). Cook until slightly browned.
3) Remove the toasted tortilla, cover with browned potatoes and any other toppings you like.

I used diced scallions, olives, and tomatoes. If I had cilantro and Avocado that would have been on there too!!
Fry an egg, and place on top of it all. Top with your favorite Salsa!
 ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment