Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is That? Edamame


Edamame is an ever growing popular health food item. GREAT as a snack!!! I buy the frozen bags at costco. Just pop them in your microwave, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy without any guilt!

Just 3 1/2 oz of shelled edamame (the beans only) has 12 g Protein, 4 g Fiber, 145 mg calcium, 60 mg magnesium! (The 150 healthiest foods on earth)

Here is  an easy way to enjoy it!

Edamame Guac
My kids DEVOUR this snack! I love it. 
They are getting some great vitamins/fats/proteins in just one little snack! An energizing pick me up!


1 C Frozen Shelled Edamame - sit in a bowl of hot water until softened
1 Ripe Avocado
1 small clove garlic
handful fresh cilantro
1/3 Onion
Juice of 2 limes (I always start with one and taste test before adding more!)
Sea Salt and Pepper

Place in Food Processor and pulse until combined. You will probably need to add 2-4 Tbl of water to the mix to get the right consistency.

I also used it for my lunch. 

Use a whole grain Tortilla (I used Ezekiel sprouted wheat tortilla), spread with Edamame Guac, and fill with shredded carrots, sliced roasted red peppers (I buy these in water in a jar), sprouts, Spinach, and anything else you would like!
YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment