Monday, May 26, 2014

Chocolate Chunk Cherry Almond Cookies - Sugar Egg Gluten Dairy Free!

I know I've been on the dessert overhaul lately on this blog! 
Its the time I have the most fun and the love experimenting.
 I have an amazing GREEN SMOOTHIE CAKE coming soon! We used it for my Babies First Birthday! It was amazing and everyone loved it!

But before I get ahead of myself - this one is also an amazing crowd pleaser. DO NOT BE SCARED - everyone will like these - even those who are leery of trying anything 'healthy.' 
They will never know!

They are melt in your mouth amazing!!! I buy no sugar added Dried Cherries online, if you aren't so picky, feel free to pick up any dried cherries you can find.




2 Cups Almond Flour (Make your own by pulsing almonds, or buy some at Trader Joes)
1/4 C Date Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar (or regular sugar if you don't care)
1/4 C Xyltiol (or leave out and add 1/2 tsp stevia or regular sugar if you like)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2 Tbs Melted Coconut Oil
2-3 Tbs Milk (any kind you like, Almond for dairy free)
3/4 C Chopped Unsweetened Cherries
Dairy Free/Sugar Free Chocolate Bar chopped into chunks. 
(Simply lite from TJ's is what I use, Enjoy Life chocolate chips work too)


Adapted from Real Sustenance



Mix all ingredients. Adding Cherries and Chocolate very last. Don't over mix. Form into balls with your hands and flatten onto a Silpat or parchment. 
Bake at 350 for about 12-14 minutes. 
Let Cool COMPLETELY! 

These do taste better the next day if you can stand waiting! Store in paper bag in fridge.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment