Sunday, August 17, 2014

Simple Summer Fried Rice - Guilt Free and FAST!

Whenever I cook Brown Rice, I double what I need and I cook it in my rice cooker. 
I usually replace half of it with quinoa and/or buckwheat. 
This makes freezing extra portions super easy. 
I just place in zip locks or BPA free storage containers and freeze for quick meals like this one!




Ingredients:
2 eggs whisked with 1 tsp soy sauce

1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp Grapeseed or Olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 c ddrozen edamame
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 Tbsp soy sauce 
1/4 cup slides green onions 

Crushed red pepper flakes or Saracha 

Cook egg mixture in sesame oil in large frying pan. Let cook without stirring until edges start to cook through. Use a spatula to slide underneath. When almost fully cooked and manageable, slide onto plate and let cool. Roll up and slice into 1 inch little pieces. 

Cook ginger and garlic in oil. Add cabbage. Cooke 2-3 minutes until wilted.  Add peas, edamame, and rice/quinoa.  Cook another 2 minutes. Add cooked eggs and remaining soy sauce. Remove from heat and top with green onions and optional spice! 

This is so easy and super tasty!!  A great (meat free) protein packed meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment