Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spiced Crock Pot Peach Butter


Yum! So glad these are finally lining my pantry shelf!
 I love my peach butter and my amazing Apple Pumpkin Butter! 

WE eat this stuff over pancakes, with PB&J's, on crackers, toast, mixed into yogurt for a fruit dip, in a smoothie, replace the fat or sugar in muffins or breads, SO MANY USES!!

Ingredients:
About 8-11 Peaches (peeled and diced) (quick 30 second boil and dunk in ice water, then peel!)
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 C Pure unsweetened Apple Juice or Water
2 heaping tsp Cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp Groung Ginger
3/4 tsp Stevia (sugar free) or 1/2 C Pure Maple Syrup (to desired sweetness)

Spray Crock Pot with non stick spray. Put peaches, apple juice, cinnamon sticks and spice, and ginger in crock pot. Set on low over night. 
(My crock pot cooks SOO FAST, I usually only go about 5 hours, you need to know how fast your crock cooks) 


Once peaches are really broken down and soft. Puree in blender or use immersion blender. Put back into crock pot and add desired sweeteners  Prop the lid with a wooden spoon and cook on low until you reach a desired consistency. Nice and Thick! THis may take 2-4 hours. 

If you want to can them. You can find directions HERE
I usually just spoon into ziplocks and freeze if I'm feeling lazy. Or spoon into jars and freeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment